The geographical area of the Central Functional Area encompasses the territories of the province of Huesca, the regions of Cinco Villas and Central Zaragoza, the department of Hautes-Pyrénées (France), Béarn (Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France), and the Pays de Comminges-Pyrénées (Haute-Garonne, France).
The Operation of Strategic Importance of the Central Functional Area (OSI-CFA) has as its main objective the coordination, information, and promotion of the projects planned within the framework of the CFA, through their activation, monitoring, and control.
The project’s main missions are as follows:
- Initial project planning
- Structuring and development of the Integrated Territorial Strategy
- Activation and support in submitting applications for the CFA project call
- Administrative support to beneficiaries
- Monitoring and tracking of the communication plan, financial plan, and project actions
- Resolution of incidents
- Assistance in preparing administrative justifications, audit trails, and deliverables
- Analysis and evaluation of project replicability
- Capitalization of results
The main objective of the Central Functional Area is to promote integrated and inclusive social, economic, and environmental development, along with culture, natural heritage, sustainable tourism, and security in non-urban areas, while considering territorial balance.
The aim is to enhance cross-border mobility and sustainable transport, thereby fostering integrated tourism, economic, and local development within the central Pyrenees region.
The European Union co-finances the OSI-CFA project at a rate of 65% through the Interreg VI-A Spain-France-Andorra Program (POCTEFA 2021-2027). The objective of POCTEFA is to strengthen the economic and social integration of the Spain-France-Andorra border area.