As set out in its statutes, the aim of the Pirineos-Pyrénées EGTC is to undertake and manage, with a view to sustainable development, territorial cooperation actions and projects approved by its members (in their areas of competence) to boost economic and social cohesion.
To achieve that goal, the EGTC has the following missions:
- Promote the central Pyrenees as an international tourist destination under the name Pyrenees, including marketing;
- Develop a rational and innovative integration of local and tourist mobility;
- Promote development of Pyrenean and respective foothill areas within the framework of a territorial project that integrates sustainable management of its cross-border communication infrastructures;
- Commit to the development of mountain territories, assuming current challenges: maintaining population and adapting to ongoing climatic, economic and social changes;
- Involve local entities, associations and economic and social actors with cooperation and development projects in the territories.
The governance of the Pirineos-Pyrénées EGTC includes four vice presidencies, which carry out projects and actions meant to properly achieve its missions.